Friday, June 17, 2022

The Burden of Proof

 


Federal Criminal Case Defense Attorneys - Oberheiden, P.C.

 

If I claim what I am not

Am I telling the truth?

And if I say, that’s how I feel

Is that acceptable proof?

 

If the truth is what it’s not

Then what is a lie?

A lie would be the truth

Can’t you see why?

 

They would be synonyms

Words that mean the same

Hence, right now you think

That I am insane.

 

This kind of argument

Is prevalent these days,

We have gone stark raving mad

In so many ways.

 

Truth Over Feelings – Here we freely explore the beauty of our emotions,  but are confronted with the truth and challenged to embrace the Truth over  our feelings.

 

Truth is a feeling

That burns deep inside

And once I sincerely feel it

That truth cannot be denied.

 

There is a truth for you

And a truth for me,

And though diametrically opposing

It is the truth that we see.

 

I see it as black

While you see it as white,

We are both correct

The two are alike.

 

Identifying Similarities and Differences - Instructional Strategies:  

 

Similarities in differences

Difference in similarities

Truth and falsehood

Are established parities.

 

Established in the sense

That it was not always so

But given our recent knowledge

It’s a fact we now know.

 

I fear for our children

I hope you can see why,

The goalposts have been moved,

On what can we rely?

 

Burden Of Proof - Free of Charge Creative Commons Legal Engraved image

 

What will our teachers teach

If a lie is the truth?

Hence the title above:

That is the burden of proof.

 

Stewart Russell © October 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment