Sunday, December 19, 2021

More than I Asked For

 

I asked God for patience...God placed me in situations where I was forced  to wait! | Inspirational quotes, Quotes, Patience

Hi there, God,

I mean, Heavenly Father,

I have a few requests of you

I’d rather have them now.

 

Even you can’t be happy

With this world you have made,

You have done so much for it

But look how you’ve been repaid.

 

I want to be different

From most of the rest,

Hence I want to be equipped

So I can pass all my tests.

 

They are coming fast and furious

My patience is running out,

So increase my patience dosage

Before the next bout.

 

“Are you sure my child?

Are you really sure?

Notwithstanding you have a little,

Do you still want more?”

 

That’s my need as I see it

I am sure you see it too,

Please, Lord, give me more patience,

I am sure you can, can’t you?

 

“I trust you understand

What that will take,

I have been easing the pressure

For your own sake.”

 

I asked God for patience...God placed me in situations where I was forced  to wait! | Inspirational quotes, Quotes, Patience

 

Okay, expect some more pressure

Since for more patience you ask

But I assure you, my child,

It will be a more difficult task.”

 

Peace was my next request

Considering all the trouble around

But my troubles only increased

Weighing me further down.

 

I asked for joy, satisfaction and faith

I wanted to be humble yet resilient,

But for every request I made

The opposite was in attendance.

 

Then suddenly I realized

There are no positives without negatives,

The gains we desire

Come in the battles we daily live.

 

For every request I made

There were accompanying demands,

Yes, opposite poles attract

In the unfolding of God’s plan.

 

Peace in the midst of much turmoil

And patience from resolutely enduring,

Joy in the depth of sorrow

And humility are all part of growing.

 

Strength via contrary winds

And faith through the many trials,

Satisfaction in the believer’s life

Come with much self-denial.

 

Why Do Roses Have Thorns? - Garden Tabs

 

So that my list of requested items

Came packaged in unattractive bags,

Like the lovely rose I tried to pick

When on a thorn my finger dragged.

 

Through the fire, through the flood,

In foreign fields, in my neighborhood,

Positives through negatives

All of these variables were for my good.

 

Ask of God and He will give you

But not in your way or your time,

You’ll be better, stronger and wiser

And His favour you will find.

 

Eternal and wise, Heavenly Father,

I thank you for your fashioning of me,

Whatever it takes to conform to your Son

May I surrender at all times to Thee.

 

Stewart Russell © September 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment