Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Like A Child

 

12 Bajan Christmas Traditions | Blog | Realtors Limited

 

I’m like a child

When Christmas is near,

It is my favourite time

 Of each year.

 

It’s a recurring dream

Of my childhood,

At almost seven decades

It’s still in my blood.

 

There is no time

That can beat Christmas,

The only problem is

It goes so fast

 

I wake in the morning

Then in a flash it is night,

Christmas has passed

It’s out of sight.

 

Christmas in Barbados 2021 - Dates

 

I become melancholy

Like seriously so,

Why must it go so fast?

I’d like to know.

 

The getting together

And the variety to eat

And before you could blink

It beats a retreat.

 

Christmas is gone,

It seems so far away

And a long time must pass

Before Christmas day.

 

The beauty right now is

It is still to come

And I will worry about that

When the day is done.

 

But right now, I tell you,

I am looking forward to it,

Christmas day, I mean,

As is my habit.

 

12 Bajan Christmas Traditions | Blog | Realtors Limited

 

I used wish

There was more than one

But I’d feel the same

When both were gone.

 

It’s a miracle for sure

In more ways than one

That first Christmas day

When Jesus was born.

 

That miracle touches me

And I hope also you,

As a born-again Christian

I was made new.

 

It has far more meaning

Certainly, for me,

Ever since Jesus came in

And set me free.

 

توییتر \ Visit Barbados در توییتر: "T'was the night before Christmas... All  around the island we're all full of Christmas scenes and feelings. Check  out these shots from some of your favourite

 

Still, there is melancholy

When the day is past

And I begin thinking of ways

I could make it last.

 

Yes!

 

I’m like a child

When Christmas is near,

It is my favourite time

 Of every year.

 

Stewart Russell © December 6, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment