Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Can It Be Trusted?

 

What is My Worth According to the Bible? | Oak Ridge Baptist Church

 

 

How accurate is the Bible?

How truthful are its claims?

How does it line up with the original?

Is the information the same?

 

Is the OT truthful to the Hebrew?

Is the NT in sync with the Greek?

And must I know one or both of these

To with some authority speak?

 

When I see the word God

What does it really mean?

Is it inclusive, exclusive or neither?

From God what can I glean?

 

Can I trust the English Bible?

Can I trust what is written there?

Or do I need a discerning seer

That is especially prepared?

 

What Is the Bible? The Meaning of Scripture

 

To what must I have access

If God’s Word I must grasp?

Must I enroll in Bible Seminary

Or attend some Bible class?

 

For whom was the Bible intended?

For a particular group?

Or, can I with certainty assume,

Everyone is in the loop?

 

Is it the truth referred to

Into which the Holy Spirit will lead?

Is it serious about the Holy Spirit

Or, is it just make-believe?

 

Can I trust the Holy Bible?

Can it stand on its very own?

Or, must I consult another source

Since it cannot stand alone?

 

How to Use Bible Commentaries - Bible Gateway Blog

 

So many commentators

And so many Bible commentaries,

So many varying opinions

And exaggerated complexities.

 

When the Spirit of truth is come

He will guide as Jesus said,

The Bible is the truth about Jesus

That the Spirit teaches instead.

 

O yes!  It can be trusted,

Thus, I dare to earnestly believe

That whosoever is led by the Spirit

Will of its treasures receive.

 

It guides the searching sheep

To the Shepherd’s fold

Where here and the hereafter

There are treasures to behold.

 

8 Reasons to Cling to Scripture in Your Suffering

 

Dare to uncover its richness

With the lead of the Holy Spirit

And let its God-given directives

Become your daily habit.

 

Extra sources have their place

If based in the Holy Word

But to make them your primary source

Is absolutely absurd.

 

Can the Bible be trusted?

O yes!  It can be trusted,

It will withstand the test of time

And never will be busted.

 

Matthew 24:35; Mark13:31

 

Heaven and earth

 shall pass away

But the Word of the Lord

stands forever.

 

Stewart Russell © November 29, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment