Friday, December 31, 2021

Except the Days be Shortened

 

For The Elect's Sake - Faithlife Sermons

 

What does this really mean?

I am not even sure I know,

I know what I have been taught

But that was long ago.

 

A time to come in the future

That is the belief of some:

That this refers to a time to come

Before the return of God’s Son.

 

Others believe it has passed

Way back in New Testament times

And I dare say many today

Are with this view inclined.

 

Whether the former or latter

I am not here concerned

But rather, the fleeting of time

My attention to this is turned.

 

Is 24 hours still a day?

Or has one or two been removed?

The days are flying so fast

It’s difficult to stay in groove.

 

Like a train being derailed

And skidding off the track

And carrying with it its many cars

For yards and yards going back.

 

We just celebrated Christmas

No, not this one, the one before,

And before we could settle down

We have celebrated one more.

 

Christmas comes but once a year

Use to be a popular rhyme

But maybe, it is has become twice

Given the passage of time.

 

21 things that will immediately make you feel old in 2021 | Curated

 

Another year is almost ended

With just five hours to go,

And no doubt last year this time

Many were saying so.

 

Whether the days are shortened

I cannot really tell

But what I know for a certain fact

Things are happening pell-mell.

 

With undue hurry and confusion

I can scarcely keep apace

But this one thing I intend to do

Is to focus on the Saviour’s face.

 

To trust him in spite of outcomes

Or however precarious the times

And to know with full assurance

I am his and he is mine.

 

Happy New Year 2022 Images in 2021 | new year wishes, happy new, new year's  eve celebrations

 

Join me as we traverse 2022

Keeping our trust in God

While standing firm and resolute

Regardless of who may fall.

 

A Blessed New Year to all!

 

Stewart Russell © December 31, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment