Wednesday, June 23, 2021

I Dreamt I Wet My Bed

 


Bedwetting in children: When to worry | The Daily Star

 

The night was hot

And so was I

And I desperately longed to sleep

But how ever I tried

I still could not

On account of the horrid heat.

 

Up I got

To drink some water

Then back to my bed I went,

It was quite a long while

But I finally slept

And in my sleep, I dreamt.

 

I dreamt, my friend,

I wet my bed

And in the dream, it was no lie,

Upon awaking

I checked my bed

Only to find out it was dry.

 

How to Keep a Bed from Moving: 12 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

 

I was quite relieved

At this reprieve

Though I checked again and again,

The bed linen was dry

And so was I:

Absolutely no pee stain.

 

A word of advice

To you water drinkers

That drink just before you sleep:

The doctors advise it

But I do not

You may actually spring a leak.

 

Bedwetting in children: When to worry | The Daily Star

 

How embarrassing

That would be

Next morning if you awake

For you may wish

That you were dead

In your dire emotional state.

  

Think of your wife

And your kids also

And their laughter, though suppressed,

Is it worth it?

That glass of water?

And all of the resulting stress?

 

Why Do Bottles of Water Have Expiration Dates? | Live Science

 

Be careful, I advise,

To limit yourself

And allow some time in between

Or that glass of water

Before going to bed

May prove to be more than a dream.

 

Stewart Russell © June 1, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment