Friday, June 11, 2021

What a Mix Up!

 

Overcoming Anxiety and Confusion

 

I heard something recently

I believe was meant to confuse,

It was about the Gospel message

I was not at all amused.

 

Christ is the heart of the Gospel

That, I was made to understand,

Now, I am hearing something different

That’s not in accordance with this plan.

 

There seems to be some mix-up

Based on what I have been hearing,

This might not be clear to some

And that is what I am fearing.

 

Overcoming Anxiety and Confusion

 

“The Gospel is not about Jesus”

Yes, that came out just right,

Please do not ask me to repeat it

It is a colossal lost of sight.

 

But the preacher did not stop there

He had a little more to add

And, what he added, I must add

Was enough to make one sad.

 

“The Gospel is about the kingdom,” he said,

It is not about Jesus Christ,

It’s the Good News about the kingdom

Hence, why Jesus was sacrificed.

 

Overcoming Anxiety and Confusion

 

As a matter of fact, the preacher said

That Jesus did not really die,

The Greek meant something different

As if to dare anyone to defy.

 

I know very little Greek, I must admit

So on that basis I cannot argue

But, he said the word means to expire

And this was strike mix-up number two.

 

Die and expire mean the same

That is how it seems to me,

And particularly so in this context,

I have no doubt you can see.

  

 Overcoming Anxiety and Confusion 

Christ and the kingdom are the same

He is and represents the kingdom,

Salvation can be found in none other

Jesus was and is and is to come.

 

This preacher made light of the cross

And also the shed blood of Jesus Christ,

Treat to the problem the person has, he said,

And then born again would suffice.

 

These spiritual idiosyncrasies

Are like the foxes that spoil the grapes,

Depending on who the preacher is

They can be seen as the devil’s bait.

 

Be aware there are other gospels

That are not the Gospel at all

But if the preacher has a lot of clout,

Because of his influence, many will fall.

 

His Name Shall Be Called Jesus

 

His name shall be called Jesus

For he shall save his people from their sin,

Anything short of this Gospel fact

Relates to a light that is misguidedly dim.

 

Stewart Russell © December 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment