Monday, February 01, 2021

Surefooted or Dim-witted

 


Imagery (Detective Dimwit Solves a Mystery - Case #4) by John Rimel

 

Be careful what you say

When dealing with your wife,

You may regret it later

Maybe for the rest of your life.

 

Surefooted or dim-witted?

That is the question I ask myself

Since I incurred this injury

That put me on the shelf.

 

I had a feeling about my feet,

I thought I was surefooted

But while having a conversation

My wife came up with dim-witted.

 

I'm just a hard-headed dim-witted priest – the rev. jimmy abbott

 

That is how I feel sometimes

When on my injury I reflect,

I felt I was surely surefooted

Hence, the fall I did not expect.

 

When you get around my age

The brain and the body disagree,

There are somethings you want to do

And the body says, “No, not me.”

 

At times brain doesn’t understand

What the body is trying to say

So brain urges on the body

But the body falls by the way.

 

Surefooted lambs nimble on Deadwood's rocks | | bhpioneer.com

 

Surefooted was a present delusion

 Though a past reality of long ago,

The body understands that well

The brain doesn’t seem to know.

 

That makes the brain dim-witted

And hence, that person too,

To ascertain whether this is you

Here is what you can do.

 

When next you attempt

To do something without thinking,

That is being dim-witted

Like a man that has been drinking.

 

A drunk is never surefooted

Just watch the way he walks,

He is dim-witted without a doubt

Listen to the folly that he talks.

 

I'm just a hard-headed dim-witted priest – the rev. jimmy abbott

 

Like any young person could

I felt that I could still run,

That was dim-witted in abundance

But surefooted-ness: none.

 

My recent history bears out that point

And consequently, my injury too,

Surefooted-ness: that is false

Dim-witted-ness: definitely true.

 

Stewart Russell © September 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment