Thursday, February 18, 2021

Salvation and Its Jargon 5

 

Image result for Justice Grace and Mercy

 

There are three key words

At this time I would wish to recall:

Without these three attributes

There could be no salvation at all.

 

I am talking about God’s “justice”

His “mercy” and His “grace”

And without the latter two

We would never see Christ’s face.

 

Justice is what we deserve

It is simply sin’s wage,

Death is what we have worked for

At each and every stage.

 

God’s justice was “appeased”

When Jesus hung at Calvary,

His judgment was visited on His Son

When Jesus died for you and me.

 

Mercy is not getting what we deserve

Death was our just dessert

Bur God in His mercy smiled on us

When Jesus experience the hurt.

 

So justice was the death I deserved

But in mercy I was divinely rescued:

The sin on Jesus was my own

But mercifully he paid my due.

 

Grace, grace, God’s marvelous grace

Extending what I did not deserve,

After rescuing me from a deserving death

Now a place in heaven has reserved.

 

Justice is the death that I deserve

But mercy rescued me,

Grace did much more than either of these

For I am God’s eternally.

 

Stewart Russell © June 2018


 

No comments:

Post a Comment