Friday, February 26, 2021

A Conversation with COVID

 

Coronavirus Face Masks: Types & When to Use | Johns Hopkins Medicine

 

I needed to speak with COVID

But he bluntly refused,

As I approached him in my mask

He was not amused.

 

He begged me to remove it

I told him I could not,

He referred to the many who did

And I said look at their lot.

 

He spoke of his busy schedule

Regarding people and places,

And said he had no regard for people

Who could not show their faces.

 

He said I was COVID phobic

And there was not much that I knew

But he would get me eventually

And there was nothing I could do.

 

Coronavirus Face Masks: Types & When to Use | Johns Hopkins Medicine

 

I asked if that was the case

Why his concern about my mask,

He turned to walk away

Then suddenly stopped and asked…

 

“Are you afraid of me?”

I found that question strange,

For after all the havoc he has caused

He would have to be deranged.

 

“Who wouldn’t be afraid of you?”

“You’d be amazed,” he replied.

“Crazy party-goers and church people

And many more besides.

 

With such support from these

I will be around for a long time

And even when I am not around

I will still invade your mind...

 

So that life without COVID

Will be a thing of the distant past

But whenever you go out in public

You will still be wearing a mask.”

 

Maine hospital plays host to one of first COVID vaccine clinics | abc10.com

 

He said that with a sneer

Whereupon I brought up the vaccine

But his sneer turned to laughter

And I felt I could scream.

 

It was an eerie kind of laughter

Of the kind associated with a demon

And I got the distinct impression

I was conversing with Satan.

 

Get thee behind me, Satan

Was what I was tempted to say

But I must admit here and now

I was overwhelmed by fear.


Coronavirus Face Masks: Types & When to Use | Johns Hopkins Medicine


Fortunately, I kept on my mask,

And my hands were sanitized

And I had kept my physical distance

Because COVID I despise.

 

By the way, COVID was a friend

That wanted me to hug

But I stoutly resisted the temptation

Whereupon COVID just shrugged.

 

When meeting your family

That are not of your household

Refrain from hugging and kissing-

COVID is both horrid and bold.

 

 My Christian brothers and sisters

Avoid laying on of hands

For COVID slays Christians as well

As part of his plan.

 

You may say I have no faith

But I beg you please open your eyes,

The friend you converse with

May be COVID in disguise.

Brian Tyler Cohen on Twitter | Funny memes, Social distance, Humor


Converse at a six feet distance

With those not of your household

Or you may become a COVID statistic

In six feet of filled in mold.

 

Stewart Russell © February 24, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment