Tuesday, December 19, 2017

His Coming



Image result for images for a bright light in the sky 

In the distance
Do you see what I see?
Over there, that star
Whatever could it be?

A star?  Are you sure?
But it’s getting bigger!
And it’s getting brighter
But I still can’t figure.

Maybe a satellite
Looming bright
But whatever it is
It’s a magnificent light.

A UFO, perhaps
They’ve been lots of those,
Whether a star or satellite
Only God knows.

It’s a weird feeling though
That wondrous light,
It’s pretty much beginning
To light up the night.

Wait, others are seeing it
It’s on the news,
Right now they are all
Expressing their views

Image result for images for a bright light in the sky
I am getting a feeling
A very strange feeling
But it couldn’t be that
That I think I am seeing.

Tell me what it is
That you think you see,
Come on! Be a sport
And share it with me.

No time for sport
If it is really so,
I am very sorry for you
If you do not know.

It’s getting bigger
And rapidly so,
It’s getting brighter too
I believe soon we’ll know.

I am hearing a sound
Can you hear it too?
It’s becoming louder
As it gets nearer our view.

Could it really be?
Is this what I see?
The return of Christ,
Could it really be?

A few days shy of Christmas
Has he returned?
While we are preparing
And for Christmas we yearn?

He has come again
Just like he said he would
Now you long to do better,
If only you could.

Too late for that
It’s your worst Christmas ever,
When given your chance
Your reply was never.

I wish you were ready
For the coming of that star,
Like this year’s Christmas
It may not be far.

Image result for images for a bright light in the sky

No time to prepare
When Jesus has arrived
No time for the dead
Or them that are alive.

Not like this scenario
And this poetic debate,
There’ll be no time to discuss
Your eventual fate

Light lightning it says
He will be here
No time brother or sister
To say a prayer.

As this little scenario
Plays over in your mind
It would be prudent
To pray at this time.


Stewart Russell © December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment