Monday, March 13, 2017

Disillusioned or A Pharisee?



Your View

Image result for images of a Pharisee
 
I never do anything wrong
Because unlike you I am strong,
I am not a weakling as you are
You and I are definitely not on par.

I am different from you in many ways,
Ways that you can’t even perceive,
If I reveal to you all I am
You would surely not believe.

Image result for images of a Pharisee

There is only one of me
And the mold cannot be found,
Search all you wish across the globe
There is no such mold around.

So what is different you might ask
Well already you see what I mean,
It should have been obvious even to you
But I’m not surprised you haven’t seen.

That’s one thing I thought you knew
You’re even less than I thought of you,
However I trust by the time I’m through
You will have agreed to my point of view.

One primary difference that you will see
Is I am better than you at any task
And my intelligence far surpasses yours
Is another point you’ll need to grasp.

Image result for images of a Pharisee

What I have accomplished you have not
And what I’ve forgotten you’ll never learn
For that you would need a few lifetimes,
You cannot achieve it in one sojourn.

By now you are getting tired of me
At worst that is a case of envy
And if perchance it is something else
At best it’s probably jealousy.

It also confirms the point I made
That before I ended you would agree
Between you and me is no comparison,
I’m surprised you so quickly see.

Image result for images of a Pharisee

For to compare yourself to me
Is to compare a Gentile and Pharisee,
The massive gap you are trying to bridge
Is bordering on impossibility.

Now I see that you are upset
Having quickly accepted my proof
But be assured that such a reaction
Is your admission to this truth.

There is much more that I could share
But surely this little has sufficed
For given the rate at which you agreed
I didn’t have to say it twice.

Conceited you probably think I am
I have ample reason to be,
Disillusioned? No, not the slightest chance
For I am a Pharisee.

Image result for images for sadducees and Publicans

Pharisees know who they are
And certainly what they believe
Unlike the Sadducees and Publicans
They are so easily deceived.

Not to mention the Gentiles
Who do not figure in the mix at all,
Dogs more fit their comparison
As a Pharisee I stand tall.

Disillusioned or a Pharisee?
The former is out of the question
A Pharisee is definitely who I am
All others are disillusioned.

My Response

I agree with your appraisal
You are certainly not disillusioned,
You are too aware of the wrong you do
To enter a plea of utter confusion.

Therefore you are without excuse
When the time of your judgment is come,
All other sinners that truly repent
Will be admitted into God’s kingdom.

Then you’ll be left out in the cold
Or in the heat to be more precise,
No doubt at that coming occasion
You will then regret all your vice.

Your greatest vice was in trying to earn
A place in the kingdom of God
Only to lose that for which you sought
Deceived by the fraud of frauds.

Stewart Russell © 2017

1 comment:

  1. Ash's Turtwig was a confident yet loving Pokemon, and would show its affection by biting, a lot like Jame's Carnivine. Out of all the Turtwigs shown in the Anime, Ash's Turtwig is the cutest and has the most personality. Gardenia, a Gym Leader in Sinnoh, also has a Turtwig. read manga online

    ReplyDelete