Saturday, April 23, 2016

What Must I do to be Saved?




Image result for images of What must I do to be saved

Is there some feat I can achieve to save my soul?
Is there some deed I can do to make me whole?
What must I do to enter the Chief Shepherd’s fold?
Tell me, what can I do to accomplish such a goal?

How can I get beyond the call to be one of the chosen?
How can I experience this opportunity so golden?
How can I become one of the highly favoured?
Is there some particular work over which I must labour?

Must I be a Jew direct from Abraham’s stock?
Is there room for me among that distinguished lot?
Must I be a member of some religious flock?
Tell me, what is it I must have that I haven’t got?

Is there any merit in me that I can bring to the fore?
Is there something in this life that I have in store?
What can I do to have life abundant and more?
Tell me what must I do to open eternal life’s door?

What if I have been righteous every day of my life?
What if I have embraced peace and eschewed all strife?
What about my church attendance and paying my tithe?
Shouldn’t these good practices be a worthy price?

Is there some specific church to which I must belong?
Or is there some area of life in which I must be strong?
What can I do to heal this ache in my soul?
Tell me! Tell me, what can I do to make me whole?

There’s nothing you can do eternal life to claim,
There’s nothing you can do salvation to sustain,
There’s nothing you must do God-given life to maintain,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus; can’t you hear that refrain?

Nothing but Jesus’ blood can save your soul,
Nothing but Jesus’ blood can make you whole,
None but the blood-washed enters the fold,
Nothing but Jesus’ blood can accomplish that goal.

Only the blood gets you beyond the call to be chosen,
Only through the blood is this opportunity so golden,
‘Tis through the blood alone one gets to be highly favoured,
Only through the blood, no special work or labour.

Nothing but the blood of Jesus, not Abraham’s stock,
Doesn’t matter if you figure among that distinguished lot,
Nothing but the blood, not some religious flock,
The blood is what must be applied; that you haven’t got.

Nothing but the blood can you bring to the fore,
Only the blood of Jesus, that’s what’s in store,
Only in the blood there’s life abundant and more,
Jesus’ blood alone is the way through eternal life’s door.

Only the blood, not your self-righteous rags of life
Even though you embrace peace and eschew all strife,
Only the blood, even in light of church attendance and tithe,
Without the blood these practices aren’t worth their price.

Only the blood of Jesus, not the church to which you belong,
His shed blood for yours is required to make you strong,
His blood will take care of the terrible ache in your soul
Only Christ’s spiritual transfusion can make you whole.

Still discomforted with an ache in your sin-sick soul?
Let the blood of Jesus cleanse and make you whole.
Tried every remedy even from the ancient and old?
It’s time to apply the blood of Jesus and enter his fold.

Now I have your attention I am hearing you ask
How to apply the blood of Jesus; is it a difficult task?
Just acknowledge your sin and in penitence come
Via the way of the cross, the path to God’s kingdom.

Confess your sin and your need for the Saviour
Who is able to transform you and change your behavior,
He’ll make you anew and give your life new flavour
And with his Spirit indwelling you’ll be highly favoured.

A new child of God and a resident of His eternal kingdom,
A joint-heir with Christ as God’s daughter or His son,
A renewed vigour for life and a fresh new course to run;
All these are on offer to those who to the Savior come.

Come today!  Come without delay!
Come to Jesus!  Let him have his way,
Come to the Saviour!  No longer stray,
Come, I say, to Jesus, today!


Stewart Russell© 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment