Wednesday, February 28, 2024

You Silly Sheep!

 

A Sheep, Funny sheep. Portrait of sheep showing tongue isolated on white  background.Generative AI 28248553 Stock Photo at Vecteezy

 

You call me a sheep?

Why, that isn’t funny,

Are you trying to tell me

I am a dummy?

 

I may be a sheep

But certainly not silly,

I’m neither a pretentious ewe

Nor a stupid billy.

 

Verses one and two

Would be my usual reply

But I want to share something

I dare not deny.

 

Call me a sheep

If that is what you wish

For currently I am a sheep

And it’s what I relish.

 

Listen to me now

And follow very carefully,

I am in fact a sheep

But I am not silly.

 

You might be one too

And choose not to admit

But I have been so made

And I will not quit.

 

My sheep knows me

Says the Lord Jesus Christ

And they follow him too,

Isn’t that nice?

 

 The Lord is my Shepherd – part 2 – Broad Rock Baptist Church

 

I am one of his sheep

And I am grateful to be

And if you are not one of his,

Then you are silly.

 

The best sheep to be

Is to be a sheep of the Lord

And one that follows him

According to the Word.

 

I intreat you today

If you don’t know the Shepherd,

You are one of the silly sheep

For whom he suffered.

 

Be a wise sheep, at least,

And come unto him

For he will abundantly pardon

And cleanse you from sin.

 

Then you won’t be angry

When refer to as a sheep

For all that trust in the Shepherd

He safely keeps.

 

 What Does John 10:27 Mean?

 

Oh, to be a sheep

In the chief Shepherd’s fold

Is to enjoy treasures forevermore

And blessings untold!

 

Ah, yes, a sheep for sure

But certainly not silly,

Having decided to follow Jesus

I am saved eternally.

 

Stewart Russell © February 25, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment