Monday, February 19, 2024

The Better Half

 

Linen~Comic~Marriage Is Fifty/Fifty~Licenses~Heres My Dollar~Writing  Too~Vtg PC | eBay

 

“Give my regards

To the better half.”

When someone tells me that

It makes me laugh.

 

I heard it today

Now hear my response

For I had to address it

There and at once.

 

Marriage is fifty-fifty

This was his bent,

Of course, he was saying

Each is fifty percent.

 

My spouse is not a half

And neither am I,

We both bring 100 percent

To the marriage pie.

 

When we became one

This meant everything,

It is all of her and all of me-

100% we both bring.

 

We are in this union

To give our optimum

And anything less than this

Will cause a problem.

 

50-50 Marriage is a bad idea

 

This ‘better-half’ term

Is never the man,

It’s the woman that’s better-

Understand this, fam.

 

It is usually a man

That will use this term

So, this admonition is to men,

We’ve much to learn.

 

It's NOT....Happy Wife, Happy Life! It's HAPPY SPOUSE 👫 HAPPY HOUSE 🏡 | Happy  wife happy life quotes, Happy life quotes, Happy wife

 

In any marital union

It must be 100 percent,

Neither partner is better-

Reject that bent!

 

Treat the other as equal

With love and respect

And this better half notion

You must reject.

 

Give one 100 percent

And marriage will work,

Fifty percent is not enough

And will only hurt.

 

The Deceptive 50/50 Relationship: why it doesn't work - Christian Family  Life

 

Next time someone asks

How’s the better half,

Don’t even bother to answer,

Just simply laugh.

 

They’ll think you’re mad

But it is really they,

Just enlighten their darkness

And point the way.

 

Stewart Russell © December 27, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment