Thursday, February 22, 2024

In Memory of the Frogs

 

Are You A Boiling Frog? | Northamptonshire Chamber

 

You remember the frogs in the water?

It was tepid and sweet,

The frogs were enjoying themselves

It was such a treat.

 

No more moral legislation

To thwart our rights and privileges

But a certain gay abandon

To enjoy life like savages.

 

Whatever tickles our fancy

Let us enjoy it to the fullest

So, institute the necessary legislation

So that we can achieve our quest.

 

‘Cause this water tepid and sweet

And I am enjoying myself

And it doesn’t matter right now

That I am ruining my health.

 

Who say cold water good for frogs?

Where did that come from?

We are too steeped in outdated morals

And that I see is the problem.

 

Are You A Boiling Frog? | Northamptonshire Chamber

 

The water was on the fire

And it was getting hotter all this time

But it was at such a slow boil

That the frolicking frogs did not mind.

 

And that is today’s society-

We have become insensitive and numb

Even though to be honest with you

 We are in reality quite dumb.

 

And the water is heating up

Though we say it is tepid and sweet

And like the silly frogs in the narrative

We are yet to feel the heat.

 

We want the right to determine

Whether we are male or female

And all who do not regard our wishes

Should be put in jail.

 

Gender Identity Examples, Meaning & Definition | Kids Helpline

 

We want rights for our children

Where parent consultation is unnecessary

And they can do what they deem best

Is appropriate for their body.

 

The right to switch out gender

Depending on the perceived possibilities

And to do so whenever we feel like it

To create our own realities

 

The right to follow our urges

And to go wherever they may lead

Notwithstanding others have urges too

But ours are the greater need.

 

The right to satisfy me, myself and I

Whenever, wherever and however;

Without recrimination or obstruction

As I strive to make my life better.

 

Hence a world revolving around me

Or my eccentric troupe

In which rights and privileges accrue

Only to whom we recruit.

 

Are You A Boiling Frog? | Northamptonshire Chamber

 

To a world bent on implosion

In memory of those unsuspecting frogs;

And I will tell you just like I see it,

We are doing a fantastic job.

 

Stewart Russell © September 9, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment