Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Senses

 


Premium Vector | Five human feelings.

 

Humans have five senses

And sometimes six,

Six in the case of women

Placing men in a fix.

 

Women win arguments

Almost every time,

They use their sixth sense

Leaving men behind.

 

Men would present the facts

But the women still disagree,

There is this feeling they have

Call it extra-sensory.

 

I’ve lost many a battle

With my darling wife

And I am beginning to learn

I can’t win such a strife.

Set of five human senses icon: vision, hearing, smell, hearing, touch,  taste. Eye, ear, hand, nose and mouth with tongue … | Senses, Hearing  sounds, How to find out

At least five senses we share

And that’s a plus,

Developing the sixth

I don’t consider a must.

 

Hearing and seeing,

These are so great

That to lose them both

Would be a terrible fate.

 

Smelling and tasting

Hand in hand they go,

If the food smells good

Taste goes with that flow.

 

Smell activates

The salivary glands

And when that doesn’t happen

The food tastes bland.

 

Autism's social problems may stem from sense of touch | Spectrum | Autism  Research News


The fifth is touch

It’s a wonderful sensation,

It has spurted on

Many an infatuation.

 

It can get one in trouble

With the opposite sex,

It can bring on pleasure

Or it can make one vex.

 

Touch is the sense

We take most for granted

But it is the one with which

 We are most enchanted.

 

Of the other four

It is perhaps closest to taste,

When eating our food

It is an additional grace.

 

It helps with the taste

 But also with the texture

And makes a great dining experience,

You’ve gotten the picture.

 

What are the five senses? sight hearing taste smell touch


Seeing is the one

I would most hate to lose,

Of course, I wouldn’t like it

If I had to choose.

 

They are all important

In the roles that they play

And the others are sharpened

When one is taken away.

 

A blind man hears better

I am sure you have heard,

You can ask any blind man,

Don’t take my word.

 

Taste would be rotten

If there were no smell,

You don’t have to ask a blind man

I am sure you can tell.

 

If I had to lose one

And I mean if I had to,

I’d reluctantly choose hearing

Tell me, won’t you?

 

I say reluctantly

On account of music,

Being unable to appreciate it.

Would give me a fit.

Are You Using Your Five Senses to Stay Safe? - Incident Prevention  

Of the five senses

Seeing appears to be tops,

However, we must thank God

For all the senses we’ve got.

 

Stewart Russell © 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment