Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Nuance or Nuisance

 

Nuance & Nuisance - CAT @ Wordpandit

 

If it is subtle but not up front

They say it is a nuance

But if it is annoying and ruining your night

They say it is a nuisance.

 

If it is silly but cleverly put

That is referred to as nuanced

But if it is silly but up in your face

That Is definitely a nuisance.

 

It is like dry humor

If you know what I mean,

Like the intellectual kind

The kind deemed to be clean.

 

This is seen to be nuance

It is upscale and upright,

Here, the less witty would be lost

And lacking insight.

 

Nuance & Nuisance - CAT @ Wordpandit

 

But the other kind of humor

That might be nuanced too

Is really a nuisance,

And that is just my view.

 

Humour is all well and good

When the nuances are clean

But it becomes a nuisance

When the implications are obscene.

 

Let us examine the words

Before this poem I complete,

The former becomes the latter

If two letters we delete.

 

Nuance becomes nuisance

When the word “is” is inserted,

The opposite becomes a fact

When the word “is” is reverted.

 

One more thing

You must see with these two words

And I dare say, my friend,

You won’t think this absurd.

 

Nuance & Nuisance - CAT @ Wordpandit 

A study of nuance

Seems to reflect a notion

While nuisance on the other hand

Points to a thing or person.

 

I will therefore conclude

With the following nuance:

Did you notice the person

That is present in nuisance?

 

Oh me, Oh my!

Yes, I heard that sigh,

The person present is not you,

It is I.

 

Stewart Russell © September 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment