Monday, September 06, 2021

Belated 100th Birthday, Mum White

 



It’s two days after the fact

But this deserves a mention,

Consequently, for the time being,

I give it my fullest attention.

 

It was May, 1969

That my brother took a wife,

This may surprise some people

But it need not cause any strife.

 

The wife that he now has

Is really his second wife

But this wife, and I mean Avice,

Was not always his pride of life.

 

His first wife was Selita-

She was a White from the Bridge Road,

She passed away in 1984

And that for Mac was quite a load.

 

This brings me to the fact

That I really want to highlight:

So, Congratulations to a precious lady!

Most call her Mum White.

 

 

  

On the 4th of September

She celebrated her birthday,

Consequently, she is a centenarian-

Congrats one hundred ways!

 

Belated birthday greetings

To this precious mother-in-law

Who is still looking good, I must add,

Though old age brings a flaw.

 

I did not ask for permission

To put this out on Facebook

So, Yvette and Mac, please forgive me,

Don’t tell me I’m out of luck.

 

Belated Birthday, Mum White!

You have attained the mark,

Praise God you’ve reached 100!

Take guard for a new start!

 

Putting the 100 behind you

From one you can start again,

Then two and three and four and five

A super-centenarian in Jesus’ name.

 

Stewart Russell © September 6, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment