Friday, September 10, 2021

Be Wary Though Weary

 

COVID-19 related to high anxiety and depression symptoms among physicians  in Bangladesh

 

 

I know we’re COVID weary:

It’s been around a while

And it continues to wreak havoc

For many a human mile.

 

As for me, I am tired

And wish it would go away

But even though I get COVID weary

I keep my guard up every day.

 

Stay COVID wary!

Be always on the look-out!

That COVID will be around a while

I have not the slightest doubt.

 

Stay COVID wary, I repeat,

Do not be weary in well doing,

Protect yourself and your fellowman

This advice is worth chewing.

 

There is doubt about vaccines

But little about the masks,

Therefore, adhering to this protocol

Should not be a difficult task.

 

I seldom hear a cough or sneeze

When I am out in public,

It appears that the common cold

Has speedily taken its exit.

 

Oregon announces new guidelines for wearing masks

 

One doctor explained to me

It’s because we are wearing masks

Therefore, because of this behavior

Flu viruses will not be passed.

 

He also highlighted hygiene

As in the washing of the hands,

As we continue to do this regularly

It will upset COVID’s plans.

 

Physical distance is not as easy

As the afore-mentioned two

But it’s an absolutely critical protocol

For each one of us to do.

 

I do believe these protocols

Indicate how wary we should be

And regarding their constant practice

Please do not grow weary.

 

EOI Teacher on Twitter: "✓Wary or Weary? 1. Wary /ˈweəri/ 》Cautious;  careful about someone or something which you think may cause a problem.  ▪︎He is wary of strangers. 2. Weary /ˈwɪəri/ 》Very

 

These two words are synonyms

And they really sound alike

But please do not confuse the two

As we continue this COVID fight.

 

For if we weary in being wary

Then COVID will dominate

But if we be wary while being weary

COVID will disintegrate.

 

A word to the fully vaccinated:

Continue to wear your mask!

There is still a lot about COVID-19

That we are yet to grasp.

 

Stay COVID wary, I admonish,

Adhere to the protocols!

And until we are out of the woods

Put risky behaviours on stall.

 

Stewart Russell © August 17, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment