Sunday, May 02, 2021

Why Are We Still Here?

 

What Is the Rapture?

 

Why are We still here?

By now we should have left,

I am speaking of the rapture

I don’t mean death.

 

There was a time I believed

That I would not die

And that I would see Jesus return

Some day in the sky.

 

Maybe that is still possible

But I am not so sure,

The word soon is a little confusing

As the event is yet to occur.

 

From as far as I can remember

Jesus was coming soon,

We even sang in the song

Morning, night or noon.

 

And before my time

My parents and grandparents too,

There was an urgency about the return

Before the night was through.

 

Preparing for the Return of Jesus Christ

 

I experienced it in my dreams

When I slept at night

And often I would come awake

Immobilized with fright.

 

I would then lie in bed

Wishing for morning to come

And afraid to go back to sleep

Because I was so frightened.

 

I seldom have that dream

Since the soon has worn off

Though concerning Jesus’ return

I would never scoff.

 

For I believe that he will

Though I do not know when

But to be honest with you

For me, that is no problem.

 

However, given the fact

That soon was the time

I believe that we have missed it

Though not left behind.

 

 What Is the Rapture? 

 

Hence, the question I asked:

 Why are we still here?

For soon was a long time ago

And not necessarily near.

 

That soon could not be for us

Thousands of years hence,

It is time my brother, my sister,

We shift our defense.

 

I recommend Matthew 24

And the book of Revelation

As well as Mark 13 and Luke 21

For more information.

 

Pay close attention

To “soon” in these Scriptures,

Do not mistake which generation

And you will get the picture.

 

Stewart Russell © May 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment