Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A Chat with the PM

 

Bay Area Reporter :: Barbados elects pro-LGBT female prime minister

 

I had a chat with the PM

Across the old train line

And she was most gracious

In giving me of her time.

 

Those who live in the area

Would know Lovell’s pasture,

Mention the old train line

And they get the picture.

 

She was clearly pensive

As I shared from my heart

And she was an attentive listener

From the very start.

 

I told her I didn’t like her

And then I explained

But as I looked into her eyes

There was no pain.

 

As a matter of fact

She said she understood

And I must confess to you,

I wondered how she could.

 

Almost everything I said

She surprisingly agreed with

And I was most amazed

As it was a lengthy list.

 

I did most of the talking

And she listened well,

She showed genuine interest

I could definitely tell.

 

Bay Area Reporter :: Barbados elects pro-LGBT female prime minister

 

It was like a dream

This audience with the PM

But finally, she had to go

And it came to an end.

 

As you may have guessed

That was my fault,

For I suddenly awoke

And the dream came to a halt.

 

For a moment there

It had felt so real

And had I kept on sleeping

It would have continued

Without fail.

 

Stewart Russell © May 19, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment