Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Our Trouble Source,

 

James 4:1 From where come wars and fights among you? come they not hence,  even of your lusts that war in your members?

 

The source of our trouble

Is a four-letter word

Sometimes expressed as two

Or even one.

 

Sometimes “my” is added-

That’s in its longest form

But regarding the one mostly used,

“I” is the norm.

 

By now you have it:

It is I, Me and Myself,

And we three are about wealth

If it ruins our health.

 

 

Numero Uno Png 4 » Png Image - Цифра 1 Пнг, Transparent Png - kindpng

 

 

The “I” look for number 1

And number 1 is Me,

Just Me and Myself

And that is all the “I” see.

 

Therein I tell you

Is the source of our trouble,

A myopic view-

Sorry to burst your bubble.

 

I shaded my eyes

And what did I see?

I will be honest with you…

I only saw “Me”.

 

Maybe you were there

And maybe you were not,

But it really doesn’t matter

“Me” is all I have got.

 

Me, Myself and I – Pride, the seventh deadly sin - Now you're talking 

 

So, I am never short of trouble

As long as I’ve got Me,

It’s Me, Myself and I-

I always have all three.

  

We name the devil

And we give him the blame

But the truth be told,

It is these three that reign.

 

Me, Myself and I:

That’s the source of our trouble,

Not Satan, the devil,

Now I have burst your bubble.

 

He is our cop-out

Since we must blame someone,

“The devil made me do it.”

It is time that was gone.

 

Me, myself and I…. We are in a period of great… | by MMU Library blog |  Medium

 

Me, Myself and I

Honestly look at yourself!

That’s what I am doing now-

Not at you but Myself.

 

Stewart Russell © October 16, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment