Thursday, March 04, 2021

Hey Zach!

 


Zacchaeus in the Bible: Meaning and Importance of His Story

He had some problems

Not a few,

He wanted to see Jesus

You should too.

 

That is

If you haven’t as yet,

An encounter with Jesus

Comes with no regret.

 

“Hey Zach!”

I can hear Jesus call out,

“He called my name!”

I can hear Zach shout.

 

“Easy now Zach,

Don’t let go and drop down,

Take your time Zach

I’ll stick around.

 

Zach worked his way down

From that sycamore tree,

Boy, he was so excited

As excited as can be.

 

There was no correspondence

Yet Jesus knew his name

And at no point in the encounter

Was Zach ever blamed.

 

“At my house?

You got to be kidding me!

Hey there Jesus,

This is the publican, Zachy.” 

 

That’s who Zach was

Before his Jesus encounter,

However, for all of his problem.

Jesus was his answer.

  

The wealth that Zach had

Suddenly meant nothing to him

After Jesus transformed him

And forgave him his sin.

 

“Hey Zach!

I see you up there,

I will solve all your problems

Don’t you fear.”

 

“I am coming Jesus,

I can hardly wait,

I have grown impatiently tired

Of all this hate.

 

I am so glad to see you

Coming my way,

And your visit to my home

Has made my day.

 

JESUS, (English), Jesus and Zaccheus - YouTube

 

Thank you, thank you Jesus

For that sycamore tree

And the day you looked up

And you saw me.”

 

You are welcome, Zachy

Or should I say, Hey Zach?

Now you are walking with me

I won’t let you go back.

 

You’ve said yes to me

Understand what that means,

You are mine forever

Always a part of my team.”

 

Still there were problems

But not without the solution,

Jesus became the answer

To his every problem.

 

Hey Zach! was all that it took

That wonderful day

When in my specific direction

Jesus had looked.

 I'm a Whosoever | The Blog of Patrick Vincent

Hey whosoever!

That applies to you,

Come from wherever you are

Jesus is calling you too.

 

Stewart Russell © November 6, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment