Monday, August 31, 2020

The Swiftness of the Days



Anyone else losing track of days? - Trinity Homeschool Enrichment of Hunt  County | Facebook 
 
I am so terribly confused
Regarding these days
That I am overcompensating
In so many ways.

Take for example
The swiftness of time:
I mix up these days
Like I am out of my mind.

Bank Holidays are Sundays
Thursdays begin weekends
And often I ask what day it is
Like I’m off the deep end.

In my mind I think
Yesterday is two days gone
When in actual fact
Today is only the second dawn.

Proposal to Rename the Days of the Week : CoronavirusMemes

Maybe for just for me
It would be wise
If the days could be reorganized
As a personal compromise.

Today would be yesterday
And yesterday the day before,
Tomorrow would be today
And I would struggle no more.

I would be better able
To keep up with the time
And I would no longer feel
Like I am out of my mind.

Today would be Tuesday
Yesterday would have been Monday
And that would put me on cue
Even though ahead by one day.
   
Yes, change the days
So that retirees can keep up
And we won’t mistake the days
And run out of luck.

Like when we seek a bargain
On a particular day
And we are told it was the day before
Meaning it was yesterday.

Fun Riddle for Kids: What Day Is It Today? | BhaviniOnline.com | Funny  jokes for kids, Riddles, What day is it

So, that yesterday, as I see it
Is the day before,
Day before is therefore two days earlier
Need I say more?

That works for the seller
Let it also work for me
And adjust all of the other days
Accordingly.

I did not plan to go there
But I discovered a precedent,
Since bargains are the day before
I’d be a day late in any event.

Stewart Russell © August 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment