Saturday, August 01, 2020

39 Years Ago




 

39 years ago,
 I said I do,
I’ve had few regrets
And I’m of the same view.

Marriage is no bed of roses
But I sleep on a bed,
So that doesn’t bother me
On that enough said.

The regrets, on reflection,
Have made us stronger
And as a result
I want to be with her
Just a little bit longer.

You may say
 That’s a short while
But it’s my wish every day,
I still love this girl
In so many ways.

 

She means more to me
Than even she understands
And today, 39 years later,
I am delighted to be her man.

She is as perfect
As any human can be,
One of her imperfections being
That she chose me.

I am grateful for that choice
And I always will be
And as long as I am around,
I will want her with me.

My prayer for us
Is another year, precious God
And another and another-
Heavenly Father,
That is all.

 

On this 39th anniversary
Lord, we give you praise,
Also for the two beautiful children
You’ve helped us to raise.

Stewart Russell © August 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment