Friday, July 31, 2020

My Little Dream


 

I had a little dream…
Nothing much,
There’s not much to tell
It wasn’t as such.

 

I was walking up the driveway
Of my in-laws' home
When I saw my little girl
But not alone.

About three she was
At the time
And even at that age,
She was fine.

I asked her for a hug
And she reached up to me,
I didn’t lift her up
So, she hugged my knee.

I recall the laughter,
From that little queen
And that knee-high hug
In my little dream.

My dream was real
I dreamt it this morning,
For you daddies out there
Here’s the warning...

In a flash it was over
The dream was complete,
Now she is married
But she is still sweet!

She’s still my little dream
And always will be
Though much too tall
To hug my knee.

Stewart Russell © July 31, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment