Saturday, April 25, 2020

Another Closeup View


AT EASTER, WHAT ABOUT THE TWO THIEVES ON THE CROSS – WHICH CROSS ...
Yes, I was there, I’ll admit,
For all the world to see,
And yes, I was guilty, that I know,
As guilty as could be.

My vantage point was just as close
As anyone else’s could be
But unlike the other malefactor,
All I could see was me.

I’ll admit, though, I really must,
This man was truly different
But at that time, I wanted out,
I could never be repentant.

What I did I would do again,
That was the way of life for me,
I railed against him, you would recall
But I was being me, you see.

I knew of his exploits and miracles
Of his power and compassion,
And given the trouble we were in,
That was the time for action.
AT EASTER, WHAT ABOUT THE TWO THIEVES ON THE CROSS – WHICH CROSS ...  
If you are the Christ, I called out,
Save yourself and us,
How I would have liked a miracle
From this man they called Jesus!

I was getting my just desserts
But this man had done no wrong,
All the more reason to act quickly
And from the cross get us down.

He did not respond to me
But an interesting thing occurred,
The other malefactor called out
And his request he heard.
 
It didn’t make any sense to me
What the other man requested
But upon the response of Jesus
He decidedly rested.
AT EASTER, WHAT ABOUT THE TWO THIEVES ON THE CROSS – WHICH CROSS ...  
He referred to him as a king
And obviously, as having a dominion,
And asked to be remembered
When Jesus came into his kingdom.

in my desperate situation
I found that quite strange,
All of us in the same predicament,
That man had to be deranged!

You see, I too had a closeup view
But so very different from him,
His spiritual eyes were opened
However, mine must have been dim.
AT EASTER, WHAT ABOUT THE TWO THIEVES ON THE CROSS – WHICH CROSS ...  
In this man, he saw something
That I certainly did not see
And in that enlightened moment
He believed it most assuredly.

The words were spoken with power
They spoke of that very day,
I wish I knew a little more
But that is all that I can say.

There was hope in the recipient’s eyes
Where before there was none
And even the Roman centurion remarked
That this Jesus was God’s Son.

Yes, I had a closeup view too
But that was to no avail,
While the other man was successful
It seems, I had totally failed.

Stewart Russell © April 2020

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stewart Skinns here. Kindly contact me at 678 431 7174. Thanks

    ReplyDelete