Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Madness





There is a bit of madness
In everyone…
And I believe it was there
From the time we were born.

You can blame it on Adam,
If you like,
Perhaps, in a natural sense,
You would be right.

This course of study
Is Madness 101,
I’ll make it a crash course
And then I’ll be gone.


Now, I am no psychiatrist
And I am not a psychic,
But every one of us
Has some peculiar habit.


I can’t give a name
For each of these “madnesses”
But we can agree
That each one exists.

You don’t know who you are
That’s an identity crisis,
Normal at birth and in old age
But now the youth are at risk.

You don’t know where you are
You are lost,
This is the case with many
And it’s a colossal cost.


Everybody else is mad
Except you,
This is particularly dangerous
Since it is an infectious view.

A convenient loss of memory
Is another madness,
It is an “I just can’t remember
Who caused this mess.”

“Everybody else is wrong
And I am right.
They are in the darkness
I alone am in the light.”

This is considered serious
Especially when it is always so,
Always right is madness
And it is time that you know.


Politics is madness
But it is a licensed madness,
It is also compelling
As many of us can attest.

We know he is talking madness
But we give him our vote
And we’re likely to do it again,
Just take note.

Hearing and seeing things
Is another one that exists,
And even University graduates
In this case are at risk.

We all suffer from this madness
And it’s just not cool
To try to convince me
That I am the only fool.


To see is to believe,
We see what we don’t believe
But take it a step further
And receive what we don’t receive.

Confessing to it is madness,
At worst, it’s a lie
But on such a dubious profession
Many Christians rely.

At best they call it faith
But it is really rot,
It is straight-up madness
Which faith is not.
  
Real faith is believing in God
And in His Holy Word,
Belief in any other is madness
And should be considered absurd.

Absolute selfishness
Is absolute madness,
That’s the reason why the world
Is in such a horrid mess.


I didn’t do it
When I know that I did
Is lying madness
That comes high on the grid.

This one is prevalent
And growing day by day
Hence, the numbers in prison,
That one was by the way.

Nail biters and thumb suckers:
That is your sign
And that look in your eyes
Says you have lost your mind.

I am not talking about children
This is about grown-ups,
And you don’t have to go far
Just in the mirror, look!

Another time, perhaps,
I will talk about the church,
There is madness there too
You don’t have to be an expert.

I am tempted as I close
But I will leave it alone,
But concerning the madness levels
We all are in some zone.

Stewart Russell © December 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment