Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Twins




I met the twins some time ago
And they were so alike,
They were almost identical
And they were my delight.

A timely meeting that was
Definitely at the right time,
I was on my way to God knows where
And I met them along the line.

I had become quite delusional
Skepticism had taker o’er,
Everything had become a fake
Nothing made sense any more.

I was getting my just deserts
The twins made me to understand
Such was the recompense of those
That followed the devil’s plan.

‘There’s a better way,” they said to me.
“You need not continue like this,
You’d be miserable all your life
And at the end heaven you’d miss.

“What’s the alternative?” I replied,
“Nothing has worked, you see,
I even tried church at one time
And that too disappointed me.”

At first it seem to be all right
And I tried desperately to reform
But soon that too became meaningless
And I struggled to conform.

That was not for me for sure
So I decided, time to move on
But right now I am at my wits' end
And feeling rather forlorn.”


Wits' end corner is the place to be
To access the benefits from the twins,
It is when one comes to the end of self
That one can begin to see one’s sin.


It is then that Mercy shows up
And tells us what God has done,
We should have paid for our sin
But God placed it on His Son.

Then Grace joins in and informs
It was because of God’s great love
That Jesus was sent to save the lost
When he descended from above.


Yes! Mercy and Grace met with me
And helped me to understand,
It’s not the church but Jesus Christ
That’s the heart of redemption’s plan.

“You need Christ,” they said to me,
Confess your sin to him,
Believe in your heart for salvation
And be saved from all your sin.”

God’s mercy saves from eternal death
For that death is the wages of sin,
God grace gives to us eternal life
When from our sin we turn to Him.


The wonderful twins: Mercy and Grace
Which always walk hand in hand,
The product of God’s redeeming love
Manifested in Christ to reconcile man.

I met these twins some time ago
And now I never walked alone,
Mercy and Grace always walk with me
On my way to my heavenly home.

Stewart Russell © February 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment