Saturday, February 23, 2019

The “I” Man & the Christ Man





 
The “I” man and the Christ man
Are so very different,
One is walking with the Lord
The other on mischief bent.

One has been sentenced to death
The other has found eternal life,
Christ fills one’s life with loveliness
The other is full of strife.

One is passed from darkness to light
The other in darkness still,
To one is imputed Christ’s perfection
Revealed as the Father wills.

One is a stranger to the truth
The other is truth to the stranger,
One is in sync with life’s Creator
The other with the Creator differs.


 
For all, the cross was instituted
On it Christ’s blood was poured out,
The sin of the “I” man was for forgiven
When to Christ he turned about.

The cross stands as a testament
To the one that is born again,
But as an implement of judgment
To the one who from Christ refrains.

For in the Adamic nature
We were born and walked therein
But Christ bent the “I” to “C”
When he liberated us from our sin.

So that the Christ man is now free
He is no longer “I” but Christ
And though he is at home in his body
The Spirit is all that suffice.

 
 
Dead in trespasses and sin
Is the present state of the “I” man
But sitting with Christ in heavenly places
The Christ man is held by God’s hand.
  
The “I” man and the Christ man:
Which one at this time are you?
Are you the renewed Christ man?
Or are you still of the “I” man’s view?

Stewart Russell © January 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment