Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My Prayer




5 ways to increase your prayer life in college - Table Salt | NCU Blog

Heavenly Father
I give you thanks for this day
I thank you
That I am learning your way
I know not
What this day has in store
But Lord, help me
To trust you even more.

I thank you for
Blessings noticed and unnoticed
For they two combined
Makes an enormous list
I have seen your merciful hand
However I’ve turned
Help me never, Lord
Such great love to spurn.

Teach me to wait
 In patience before you
Cognizant that yours
Is always the better view
Teach me too, Lord
That you are never far
But that you are in us
Wherever we are.


5 ways to increase your prayer life in college - Table Salt | NCU Blog

This day Lord,
I ask nothing for myself
For you always
Replenish my shelf
However Lord,
 For those in dire need
I ask that you
Grant them relief with speed.

To the suffering
In hurricane ravaged lands
To them Heavenly Father
Extend your merciful hand
And to all of us at home
In this troubled land
Teach us once more
To follow your righteous plan.
  
For we are blessed
Lord, we know that we are
Though there are some things
Those blessings mar
Like the guns and violence
And the several road deaths
They all combine
To disrupt our night’s rest.


5 ways to increase your prayer life in college - Table Salt | NCU Blog

No doubt Lord
All of this happens elsewhere
So for such places
We also pray
That your name would again
Be truly revered
In our homes and communities
And everywhere.

Let this simple prayer
Be the desire of each heart
That perhaps today
Would be that fresh start
Where we would return
To trusting in you
And all ungodly practices
We would eschew.

5 ways to increase your prayer life in college - Table Salt | NCU Blog

Just like I began, Lord
I end this prayer with thanks
For all my necessities
That you daily grant
But most of all, Lord,
That I am your child
Help me to walk
Ever close by your side.

Amen and Amen!

Stewart Russell © October 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment