Friday, March 03, 2023

Energy

 

Energy News Monitor | Volume XVIII, Issue 35 | ORF

 

Lots of talk about energy

In these contemporary times

And a number of adjectives emerge

In my overactive mind.

 

Each one brings a colour

As we all know adjectives do

And with it, there’s a difference,

For not only me but you.

 

We start with mental energy

Like my overactive mind,

Though I have retired eleven years

I’m thinking all the time.

 

Maybe I am pushing back

Against a certain illness

That ravishes the mind of some

During the aging process.

 

How to Get Your Brain to Focus - New World : Artificial Intelligence

 

I make a deliberate effort

To conserve my mental energy

And arguing is considerably less

As not to encourage futility.

 

I am aiming for clean energy

Regarding the energy of my mind

And avoiding certain pollutants

That are of the dangerous kind.

 

The ones that bring stress

And cause severe depression;

That disrupts one’s pure thinking

And hinders comprehension.

 

Then there is wasted energy

That manifests in inefficiency,

Particularly common in these days

In the local economy.

 

A lot of money spent

With little production to show

With all the eggs in one basket

But guess what?  Our leaders know. 

 

fossil fuel | Meaning, Types, & Uses | Britannica

 

And what of electrical energy

That drives the modern technology:

Mostly of the fuel fossil type

And used by BL&P?

 

This is a colossal burden

On the local economy

Given the amount of money spent

To access this energy.

 

Yet, lots of talk and little action

Regarding renewable energy

And the irony of a rate hearing

Pertaining to electricity.

 

The fluctuating circumstances

Of the fuel charge

And the facilitating of solar energy

Like an escaped convict at large.

 

Quote of The Day - October 13, 2012 - Optimistic Mommy

 

And what about spent energy?

I will end with this one,

For whatever kind of energy there is,

Spent signifies it’s gone.

 

Not all of the energy

But the energy which has been used:

Whether efficiently put to use

Or wasted and abused.

 

And so, just like I began,

I do propose to end;

Thus, on the note of mental energy,

This note to you I’ll send.

 

Proverbs 4:23 - Bible verse - DailyVerses.net

 

Keep thy heart with all diligence;

For out of it are the issues of life.

A polluted state of mind

Is the recipe for ongoing strife!

 

Stewart Russell © October 19, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment