Saturday, December 12, 2020

Not Out of My Mind

 

Are You Out Of Your Mind Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image  42522984.

 

I’m not out of my mind

Only half way there,

Some call me half-mad

But I don’t particularly care.

 

I have been like this

For a good while now

But in a world of mad people

I have managed somehow.

 

Do I miss the lost half?

Not ever,

Would I seek after it?

No, never.

 

Why not, I hear you ask,

The answer is very simple,

I have half more than you

And most other people.

 

Out of my mind?

No, just the useless half,

I still have that part

That makes me laugh.

 

If you no longer laugh

You’ve lost the critical half,

You are a raft in life’s ocean

Without an oar or mast.

 

Are You Out Of Your Mind Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image  42522984.

To lose this half

Is to lose all your mind,

This half makes you laugh

Even when you are in a bind.

 

Laughing at yourself

Is one of the evidences

And by the way, even in that bind

You can still rest.

  

Out of my mind?

How would you tell

If you have totally lost yours

And cannot be well?

 

Just imagine this!

The mad assessing the half-mad,

If that’s how we are operating

Then things are really bad.

 

Breaking News: November 4, 2020 | Highlights | World News – India TV

Then the mad will rule

And the half-mad will serve...

Breaking News! That’s what it is,

The last news I’ve heard.

 

Now you’ve stop laughing

You’ve joined the totally mad,

No appreciation for a joke

That is very sad.

 

Stewart Russell © November 1, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment