Saturday, December 05, 2020

Not Me Not You

 


I am no higher animal

And neither are you,

I was made in God’s image

And so were you.

 

Dismiss the folly as of now

It doesn’t make sense,

Calling anyone an animal

Is an offense.

 

Be it a dog, a goat or an ass

You would be offended,

Yet this scientific ideology

You’ve constantly defended.

 

Πρωτεύοντα - Primates

 

There’s a colossal difference

That surely you can see

Between any of the primates

And you or me.

 

Show me their homes

And show me their families,

Show me where they live

And their communities.

 

Show me their transport

How do they commute?

Same as always

You cannot dispute.

 

5 Different Types of Religions

 

Any religious observance?

There’s absolutely none,

No acknowledgement

Of the Father or the Son.

 

Their routines are instinctive

They seldom change,

That’s because their behaviour

Was prearranged.

  

You and I were made

In the image of God,

The very one who created us

Whom we should applaud.

 

Not a single animal,

Not the ape or monkey

Can be compared in any way

To you or me.

 

We innovate

Thus, making life easier,

Any ape that did such

Would create a stir.

 

Plane Train Bus Car Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

 

Where are their buses

Their cars and their trains?

Show me their ocean vessels

And show me their planes.

 

They do not buy and sell

Like you and I do,

No mercantile system yet

And none in view.

 

No schools and colleges

No educational institutions,

No hospitals or clinics

No organizations.

 

82 Barbados Parliament Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

 

No parliament, no senate,

Judiciary or constabulary,

No burial rites

And no cemetery.

 

No view to a higher life

After this one is passed,

No sense of the future

Or even the past.

 

Animals live in the now

Even as we do

But we plan for tomorrow,

At least, I know I do.

 

Humans are not animals

Do not be confused,

Any suggestion I am one

Makes me feel abused.

 

I take it as an insult

And I abhor the thought

For from my first birth

Human was my default.

 

Pin on Baptist Memes

 

Human at my first birth

But now born again,

Adopted in the family of God

And bears His Son’s name.

 

Christ-like in my endeavour,

Though not perfect in my walk

But by the blood of Jesus,

A saint is my default.

 

I could never be an animal

Since I was not created one,

There is a colossal difference

So mad scientist, be gone!

 

Stewart Russell © October 5, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment