Saturday, November 14, 2020

Barbecued Mosquitoes

 

Electronic Bug Zapper Mosquito Insect Electric Fly Swatter Outdoor Wasp  Racket Yellow|racket case|racket badmintonracket price - AliExpress

Barbecued mosquitoes

Cooked on a grill,

Smelling this aroma

Will never be a thrill.

 

I just stopped for a moment

To grill another one,

I am praying and hoping

They will soon be gone.

 

These pesky little nuisances

Have nothing to do

But incessantly buzz and bother

Both me and you.

Amazon.com : Bugzoff Electric Fly Swatter [Destroys Insects in Seconds]  Mosquito Repellent & Insect Bug Killer Best Zapper Racket for Flies - Swat  Wasp Insect Repellent Indoor and Outdoor Trap & Zap

I make grilling them

A satisfying pastime,

In that regard they and I

Are one of a kind.

 

They come at me

And their intent is not good,

I zapped them every time

To protect my blood.

 

Sometimes you can hear

But you cannot see them,

A swing of my zapper

Takes care of this problem.

Record 71 dengue cases in Khulna | 2019-07-28

Pax!  Pax! Pax!

And immediately you smell,

Three on the grill

And they are dead.

 

At night it’s a wonder

As like fireflies they light,

But unlike the fireflies

That was their last flight.

Malaria Immunology

Sometimes you grill one

That is loaded with blood

And with a sense of satisfaction

You say, “That was good!”

 

Barbecued mosquitoes

But not to eat,

And given how they smell

They would not be sweet.

 

By the way the electric charge

Just left the barbecue grill,

Hence, for a couple hours or so

That ends my thrill.

 

Mosquito Hunter Royalty Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration.  Image 12848214.

 

Just two zappers around

But they do quite a lot,

We have to make them work

They are all we’ve got.

 

Care for some barbecued mosquitoes?

Place your order now,

We don’t want a rush

And we don’t want a row.

 

They are free of cost

And they are going fast,

Don’t misunderstand me

I mean, they are flying past.

Bug Zapper Racket Canadian Tire

The zapper is being charged

And so am I,

I am now defenseless

As the mosquitoes fly by.

 

Forget the ad

That I placed three verses ago,

The grill is no longer available

Hence, no barbecued mosquito.

 

Stewart Russell © October 9, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment