Tuesday, November 03, 2020

He Pass fuh Cawmere

 
cawmere hashtag on Twitter

 

Hold up yuh head, boy,

And walk like yuh proud,

You just as intelligent

As any o’ dem in that crowd.

 

Doan leh dem ‘timidate you

Wild duh foolish talk,

You got pedigree too

So hold up yuh head and walk.

 

You got as much rights

As any one o’ dem out dey

So, I am telling you,

You en got to be afraid.

Combermere School - Wikiwand  

You pass fuh Cawmere

And got all o’ dem surprised

So, walk tall and proud

Leh dem tek de nose dive.

 

I proud o’ you, my son

Though I dumb as yard fowl

But I telling all o’dem

This is my time to howl.

 

Yuh look too sweet, though

In yuh kharki pants,

I doan care whuh they say

Dey could go to France.

 

Edward Fitsgerald Edison Simms

You mek me real proud,

I could walk and hold up my head

And holler hard and loud.

 

Every cent I spend pon you

Not a cent was wasted,

Not like some o’ dese out hey

Duh real two-face-ted.

 

Post Format: Quote - Combermere School Old Scholars Association

 

He is de only Cawmerian

And de last of muh seven children

But I feel real good today

And uh proud o’ all o’ dem.

 

Duh gine mount to something

All seven o’ dem,

And I thank God today

That dem en gih me no problems.

 

Look at me boy out dey,

See how he striding,

And when he get all o’ he edication

Boy, he gine be gliding.

 

He might be a Prime Minister

Or even a President

In de republic of Barbados

Whenever that is evident.

 

All I want he to do today

Is to hold up he head

Cause he en got nuttin to be shame of.

Congratulations Little Ed!

 

Stewart Russell © October 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment