Sunday, September 15, 2019

Thanking God



Image result for image for 1 Thessalonians 5:18

As I lie on my back
With my injured foot
I am thanking God for this window
Through which I can look.

At the sky’s azure blue
 And the fluffy white clouds
And the innumerable blessings
To me, He has endowed.

I thank Him for His goodness
And His mercy to me
For it could have been worse
Even a fatality.

Image result for image for 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I thank Him most gratefully
For the reduction of pain
Which for a week or so
Was driving me insane.

I thank Him for Lynette and Mike
Who minister to my needs
And for Lynelle when she visits,
I am grateful indeed.

For all my church brethren
I give God thanks
Knowing of their concern and well wishes
I can assuredly bank.

Image result for image for 1 Thessalonians 5:18

For family and friends
On whom I can depend,
I most gratefully thank God
For every blessing He sends.

For the rest, I am getting
And this time to reflect,
For all these blessings, Lord,
I humbly accept.

For the telephone calls
I am receiving every day
Lord, I give you thanks
For Your bountiful way.

Image result for image for 1 Thessalonians 5:18

For the visits from friends
Who drop in to share
And to those who take time out
To minister in prayer.

And for those Lord,
Who have me in their thoughts,
I give you many thanks Lord,
For the cheer that has brought.

And last but not least
Lord, again I thank you
For the view from this window
I am now looking through.


Stewart Russell © September 2019



1 comment: