Saturday, September 07, 2019

Feeling Down



Image result for images for feeling down
Daily I am reflecting
On my present circumstance,
Rehearsing the actual event
Of my recent happenstance.

Repeatedly I ask myself,
“But why did I not walk?”
“How I wish!” and “What if?”
Feature in my self-talk.

No, I am not mad
I am just feeling down
And not particularly interested
In being a clown.

Let me recount the details
Of my recent misfortune
Which I deem the real cause
For my present gloom.

While expecting Dorian
I attended a church service,
It was in the open air
Which I simply could not miss.

It was held at Kings Park
And all was going well,
But what was about to happen
I doubt anyone could tell.

Image result for images for praising God

We were one in our praise
As we celebrated in worship,
My tenor strains were perking
My voice was particularly fit.

It was such a blessed moment
Nothing could disrupt
But Satan had a plan
And his plan was to interrupt.

Sensing the Holy Spirit
I felt I would be called to pray
So I prepared myself
To take the trek that way.

My wife had felt the same
She sensed it would be me
So it came as no surprise
When so it turned out to be.

After some leisurely steps
I started off a running
Unaware at that time
Satan was out for me gunning.

I skated on the platform
Friction momentarily denied,
Gravity took over control
And my shoes assisted the slide.

At first, it appeared to be funny
But that was not for long,
Thrice I tried to get up
But simply fell back down.

My left foot was like jelly
It wouldn’t hold my weight
That is now the setback
In this unsuspecting fate.

Image result for images for feeling down

Presently, I am feeling low
I would like to get around,
If only I had walked back then
I would not have fallen down.

Thrown across the platform
In my eagerness to pray
It is still baffling to me
Such could happen that way.

Now feeling down is not me
I am usually quite upbeat,
But now, often on my back
Feeling down is my treat.

Having longed for some rest
This is how it came,
Maybe I should accept my lot
And give thanks in Jesus’ name.

Easier said than done
Especially when one is down,
How I wish right now
I could freely move around!

The simple task of walking
Now is one of discomfort
But thank God for a family
That renders much support.

Image result for images for feeling down

Many are the consolations
Yet, I am feeling down,
I guess it is our human nature
When upon us life frowns.

One of my pastimes is riding
From that I am now barred,
And I’d love to see my mother,
That too is quite hard.

I am also missing church
Where I often meet my friends,
These and more I must say
Are driving me round the bend.

I like to be up and around
With a little rest, of course,
But I am really feeling down
Since my rest has been enforced.

Image result for images for feeling down

Feeling down is where I am
Feeling down is where I’m at,
Feeling down, right now, right here,
But of rest, I have no lack.

When I think of friends
Currently suffering more than I,
I feel a little ungrateful
But my feeling down I can’t deny.

Image result for images for feeling down
Feeling like I am feeling?
Feeling down I mean,
It happens every now and again
But Jesus is on the scene.

Stewart Russell © September 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment