Monday, November 06, 2017

Away From Me



Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of  this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit  that now works in the


Get away from me
You vile being
Bringer of evil and gloom,
For me there’s hope
For you there is none
Your days are numbered
You are doomed.

An opportunity you had
In heaven
But overcome with pride,
“I will raise my throne
On par with God.”
But down
You were cast
And heaven denied.

In the Garden of Eden
You tried again
And deceived Mrs. Adam,
But God
Set you up
And crushed your head
As he revealed  
In Redemption’s plan.


Not long after
Things got bad
As bad as things could be,
There was a flood
And mankind was drowned
But Noah was saved
And his family.

You are as persistent
As a mosquito
Or the flies we often see,
But with
Submission to God
In James we’re told
Resist you
And you will flee.

That is the key
In dealing with you
Whenever temptation you bring,
Get thee behind me
You destroyer of life
I will live
For Christ
And of Him I will sing.

You wanted King Herod
To kill the Christ Child
But nothing takes God by surprise,
Your plan was thwarted
And you were denied
For sure
The wise men
Were really wise.

I will not indulge you
In conversation
Whenever you come to me,
I have better things
With my life to do
So away with you
And that I mean
You evil adversary.

Image result for images for John 20:1

With Jesus on the cross
And then in the grave
Perhaps you thought you had won,
But the stone
Was rolled away
From before the tomb
And triumphantly
Rose God’s Son.

One final thing
I will mention here
And it has to do with the end,
You’ll go to hell
With your demon crew
And I will be
With Jesus
My Savior and friend.

Stewart Russell © October 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment