Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Anonymous



 Image result for images for anonymous

I won’t tell who I am
But by the end you’ll know my name
For there will be no doubt in your mind
Regarding my popularity and fame.

I have been around a very long time
How long I wouldn’t even mention
Understand though as you read this
I was before the first invention.

Did I say before the first invention?
Well that is not exactly accurate
Fig leaves came just before I arrived
And then after I had my first date.

I have seen skirmish after skirmish
And I have never missed a war
And the things that you like about life
I most definitely abhor.
Image result for images for anonymous

I walk among the rich
And I keep company with the poor
With me kings and queens affiliate
Stick around and I’ll tell you some more.

People just love to hate me
And I am blamed for every lost
Insurance companies dare not disregard me
To them I am a significant cost.

I fear no woman, I fear no man
I am not intimidated by girl or boy
The very things that advance their lives
Are often in my employ.

I am older than the oldest man
More relevant than today
And in most of the cases I have tackled
I have mostly had my way.
Image result for images for anonymous

Young and old are acquainted with me
I have been to every home
I am at ease with the biggest crowd
But I am just as comfortable alone.

It would appear I am omnipresent
And your nature is suited to me
I revelled in hatred and anger
And in human hostility.

I reside in every country
Not a single family escapes me
I have no time to sit on thrones
For I am too busy bringing misery.

I have flown on many a plane
I have crossed every single sea
I have traversed the densest jungles
And the deserts have not escaped me.
 Image result for images for anonymous

I make it my business to bring fear
Separation is my portfolio
I am the Minister of distress and harassment
And presided in many an overthrow.

I interrupt the best-made plans
And institute operations of my own
I make mock sport at their projections
From time immemorial my business has grown.

Occasionally I encounter failure
But success is just around the bend
And before you can say cock robin
There is another funeral to attend.

My ads are in every country’s paper
In some tabloids page by page
You’ll never read your name there though
It doesn’t matter your age.
Image result for images for anonymous

Which brings me to the significant point
That I have never missed a funeral
Some have been simple, some elaborate
Depending on the status of the people.

I am often the talk of the town
For some I guarantee a generous income
Particularly them who live off others dying
But they too have their course to run.

One thing you could say for me
I do not favour or discriminate
There is no amount that you can pay me
And when your time comes you will be the late.

I never take a bribe and I do not grudge
For such I have no need
In any case my quiver is always full
On account of man’s avarice and his greed.
Image result for images for anonymous

I recall it was the very first spring
And I was privy to a certain conversation
The instructions were clear as clear can be
But the recipients followed another's direction.

From that era until the present time
Every day has been a field day
I have never lacked for victims
For invariably they come my way.

In any endeavour there are highs and lows
And my greatest high was my premiere low
For a moment there I had the Prince of Life
But I was forced to let him go.

Three days I held him in the belly of the earth
I was so sure that he was mine
But suddenly he was no longer there
That experience is difficult to define.
 Image result for images for anonymous

I have had two partners throughout time
And we really felt the victory was ours
But my sting was removed and their victory short lived
Swallowed up by His infinite power.

I am the resurrection and the life
The Creator of life once said
And those who put their trust in Him
Will one day be delivered from the dead.

In the meantime I shall continue my business
Working with partners two and three
And taking consolation in the very fact
That I will be around for eternity.

For those who die in the Prince of Life
Will be gathered together with him
And those in him at his return
Will over me the greatest victory win

But those who reject the Prince of life
Will be mine for ever and ever
Eternally separated from their Maker and Judge
Eternal separation from the Saviour

Stewart Russell (@) 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment