Thursday, November 16, 2023

My Favourite Times

 

What Does Isaiah 9:6 Mean?

 

In any given year

I have my favourite times,

Those times I eagerly anticipate

Are always on my mind.

 

My birthday is not one

Maybe because I am old,

Thank God I don’t look too bad

As far as what I am told.

 

Photos don’t convince me

And neither does the mirror,

I am beginning to show my age

But this is not a horror.

 

Good Friday and Easter Sunday services 2022 - YouTube

 

Good Friday and Easter

Are definitely on the list,

Jesus’ death and resurrection

Surely, I could not miss.

 

Mother’s Day and Father’s Day

For me hold little hype,

I’d much rather Family Days;

I’m the family type.

 

Valentine, the lover’s day,

Is full of eroticism,

Rather, it should depict Agape Love:

Love that is from heaven.

 

 Valentine Week List with Date Sheet Chart Image #valentine #valentineweek  #valentineweeklist #14thf… | When is valentines day, Valentine's week, Valentines  day date

 

Well it seems, at least to me,

I am missing out two,

I have left these for the last

And now I will share with you.

 

I’ll start with the lesser first

Though you may disagree,

However, it is my favourite times

And according to what I see.

 

The runner up on my list

Is Independence Day,

I am taken back to my childhood

And the old fashion way.

 

GOBO Magazine - HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF INDEPENDENCE BARBADOS The  Caribbean island of Barbados was granted independence from the United  Kingdom on 30th November 1966 by The Barbados Independence Act 1966 -

 

I get a thrill looking back

And how we used to do things,

Add to this, if you will,

The songs we used to sing.

 

Look how far we have come!

It didn’t start yesterday

But back over hundreds of years;

Let’s call it yesteryear.

 

The highlight of community

And the little with content,

Each one helping out the other one

Is what neighbourly meant.

 

Bridgetown Barbados Stock Photo - Download Image Now - Barbados, Bridgetown  - Barbados, People - iStock

 

The joys enjoyed together

And the pains mutually shared,

A vision not overly cosmetic

But for the future geared.

 

Much of which is being dropped

For the shadow of the bone

And many blanking community

Preferring to go it alone.

 

How I love Independence

And anticipate it every year!

Like a child filled with excitement

When his gift finally appears.


And this leads to number one

Which is Christmas time,

A season that is far too short for me

And is always on my mind.

 

Pin on Inspirational Quotes & Verses

 

Christmas is my favourite

For a number of obvious reasons,

After all, it is that time of the year

We have the goodwill season.

 

The celebration of Jesus’ birth

The one known as Emanuel

That came from heaven to earth

And with man did dwell.

 

Christmas in Barbados 2023 - Dates

 

The lights and the carols

The bounty and the sharing,

The decorations and pleasantries

And people caring.

 

Unto us a child was born

Unto us a Son was given,

Christmas is my favourite time

Reminding me of heaven.

 

Best Time to Visit Barbados | Climate Guide | Audley Travel UK

 

One in the month of November,

The other in December

And the fact that they are so close

Should bring us all together.

 

Stewart Russell © November 14, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment