Tuesday, February 21, 2023

If the Shoe Fits

 

If the Shoe Fits, Wear It - English Idioms & Slang Dictionary

 

Don’t you dare lecture me

About what I am going through

Until you have walked that mile

In my pair of shoes.

 

Don’t you miniscule my trials

Accusing me of a lack of gumption

When you don’t have a clue

Re my underlying problem.

 

And even if you’ve been there

It still doesn’t give you the right

To ridicule me in my affliction

And blame me for my plight.

 

And, what If I am to blame

Must I become a punching bag

For all them that are better off

And have the rights to brag?

 

Judge with gavel – Broken Believers

 

Often, we stand in judgment

Of another experiencing hardship

And all we offer is criticism

But assistance? Not a bit!

 

And sometimes if we do help

We do so with flaunted pride

Robbing that one of his dignity

And wishing he could hide.

 

The one thing he had remaining;

We take that away too,

Now bereft of pride and dignity

He is also without shoes.

 

Until you have walked that mile

In the “pair of shoes” I wear

Don’t you dare lecture to me

As a means to show you care.

The uphill battle to address mental health care in Guyana - Guyana Chronicle

It has even gotten worse

Now that I’ve no shoes to wear,

Try that for a “no shoes fit”

And prove to me you care.

 

I know I sound disgruntle

But your counsel is rather vain,

Don’t you dare lecture me,

Please wheel and come again!

 

Stewart Russell © July 22, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment