Thursday, January 07, 2021

My New Year Wish

 

Dear Santa: 'My biggest wish is for COVID-19 to be gone' | Local News |  lacrossetribune.com

 

My New Year wish-

Is that COVID would leave

And that I could breathe

How I used to breathe.

 

Without a mask

Covering up my face,

How I wish COVID would leave

Without a trace!

 

That things would be

Like they were before

And this COVID-19

Would trouble me no more.

 

I would make a promise

Not ever to complain

If only COVID would be gone

Never to come again.

 

COVID-19 New Normal is Not Normal | Contractor

 

There is nothing normal

About this new norm,

Give me the old norm…

This one I scorn.

 

You get out of the car

But must quickly return,

You have forgotten the mask

How that really burns!

 

You enter at a door

And are stopped in your tracks,

Hand sanitizer and temperature gun

Or you must turn back.

 

And as you do your business

Don’t get up too close,

No hugging and no kissing;

An elbow-knock at the most.

 

You get back home

And parcels must be sanitized,

Everybody loves Raymond

But COVID I despise.

 

In the cloud: How coughs and sneezes float farther than you think | MIT  News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology

 

All gatherings reduced

To ten persons or less

And a cough or sneeze in public

Could mean a COVID test.

 

A swab up your nose-

Which is extremely uncomfortable

But this is part and parcel

Of this COVID trouble.

 

How I seriously wish

That COVID-19 would suddenly go!

For sure, this is the sentiment

Of both the high and low.

 

COVID does not differentiate

Between these two,

Neither does it distinguish

Between me and you.

 

I wish we could synergize

And just wish COVID away

But alas! I have a strong feeling

It will not leave today.

 

My wish for 2021

Is that COVID would leave me alone

And choose some other planet

To go there and roam.

 

Free Vector | Killing or destroying coronavirus covid-19 concept background

 

Let's adhere to the protocols

And force COVID to dry up

And remember, prayer is a better option

Than just wishing for good luck.

 

Stewart Russell © January 6, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment