Sunday, December 01, 2019

Choosing to Give Thanks




Related image
 
I just want to give God thanks
For having lived this long.
For family and friends
And for still being somewhat strong.

There is a pain right here
And every day an ache somewhere
But I am assured of the fact
That I am in God’s care.

I thank Him for his faithfulness
Each and every day
And how He keeps on keeping me
When I let Him lead the way.

I am His very special sheep
As a matter of fact, still a lamb,
For one day I am frisky
Though the next I’m like a ram.

Related image

I thank Him for understanding
All of my frailties
And I credit Him above all else
For my every capability.

He wakes me every morning
And gives to me His breath
And I am assured He will do this
Until the time of my death.

I thank Him for the fact
That I am in His hand,
Not because I deserve it
But because it is His plan.

And yet another day
He has caused me to see,
I am in my right mind
And seeing quite clearly.

Related image

There are many consolations
Too many to fully mention
And in my every difficulty
He is on top of the problem.

I thank Him for the water
Which is back on again
And wish I could make a promise
That when it’s off I won’t complain.

For the electricity too
That is now up and going well
And on the fact it will happen again
I choose not to dwell.

Related image
 
Yes, I choose to give God thanks
Not simply fret and complain,
For every problem we’ve had before
We are likely to encounter it again.

Giving God thanks is a choice
It is a decision we should make,
It doesn’t happen automatically
It's a course we all should take.

I choose to give God thanks
There is nothing better I can do,
With Him, life here is much easier
And in the life to come, too.

Stewart Russell © December 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment