Sunday, October 06, 2019

Who Are You?




Related image

In a country which I won’t name
There are fifteen genders to be taught,
If I were a parent living there
I would be particularly distraught.

Bearing in mind the children’s ages
The authorities would have to be mad,
Of kindergarten age, I am told,
How could any parent be glad?

Related image

And it appears it is pretty advanced
Not much anyone can do,
There is even a textbook, I am told,
And its title is “Who Are You?”.

Bear in mind your five-year-old
How would you teach this to him?
“Timmy, you don’t have to be a boy or girl.
Such limitations would be a sin.

After all, God is a God of variety
Just take a look around you,
The possibilities are limitless
Not only for me but for you too.”

Five-year-olds who cannot read
Now trying to discover themselves,
“The book to use is “Who Are You?”
You’ll find them on the shelves.

Related image

Turn to page number so and so
You will find the genders there,
We will deal with these fifteen for now
Perhaps some others next year.”

That’s my kind of introduction
Remember, these are five-year-olds,
Whoever the unfortunate teachers are
They would have to be quite bold.

Bear in mind the modern paradigm
Children must construct their own learning,
Hence, videos and demonstrations
To stimulate in them a yearning.

What an introduction to the family!
The bedrock of human society,
Fifteen genders from which to choose
Therein lie tremendous possibilities.

Related image

Fifteen different gender variants
They must teach these five-year-olds,
Just dealing with some of the names alone
Would knock some adults cold.

I am hoping this is fake news
Or somebody’s idea of a crude joke,
But my gut feeling is telling me
These miscreants will win the vote.

And if that should ever happen
It will be the beginning of the end,
For education to head in this direction
Is to definitely go round the bend.

Related image

For a list of some of these genders
Check at the end of this poem
But believe you me, my friend,
Teaching this curriculum will take some doing.

From parent consent to parent mandate
No choice in this sordid matter,
If the vote goes in the proposers’ favour
It will definitely be the latter.

Well, for that promised list
Just check below
And if five-year-olds can learn this stuff,
Then there is much I do not know.

Stewart Russell © October 2019

Trans, genderqueer, non-binary,
gender fluid, transgender, gender neutral,
agender, nutrois, bigender,
third gender, two-spirit


No comments:

Post a Comment