Thursday, November 26, 2015

Choices


Life’s choices, choices, choices
And the many voices, voices, voices;
All of them vying for my attention
To push me in a certain direction.

Like sound waves pounding my ear,
Choose here!  No!  Choose there!
Do this!  Do that!  Change your mind,
Voices bombarding me all the time!

Wrong choice, I hear, Go right back!
You should have done this not that!
Oh, you should have known better
Than to get yourself in this matter.

How intruding, confusing, abusing!
Let me think. Another mood swing,
So much of a clutter and a clatter,
I am mixed up like pancake batter.
 
Image result for images for choices choices choices

Unable to make a proper decision,
Hearing messed up no clear vision,
Mind lagging and brain overheating,
Intellect suffering a severe beating.

Too much pressing me at this stage,
Just too much at this tender age,
I would rather be roaming free
Or just sit and lime under a tree.

Are you feeling overwhelmed?
A challenge you just can’t stem?
Is there a solution to your problem?
Can I offer you a suggestion?

Life is many questions and answers,
Some you refer and some you defer,
Was never meant to be handled alone,
You really can’t live it on your own.

Some of life’s questions are minor
While there are those that are major;
Hence the need to prioritise
And the urge to regularise.

Really what is it that I mean?
To which of the two should you lean?
Prioritise is to treat as important,
Regularise is put in one department.

And so we run the risk
If we put them all on the same disk,
Not all of them are urgent,
First deal with those that are important.

Image result for images for choices choices choices

Grab the following scenario
I am sure this is one you know;
Which picture should I watch tonight?
A horror or one that is rather light?

Which outfit should I wear today?
The cool one or the one out of the way?
Is Cheffettte within my reach?
Or should I visit KFC on the beach?

Should I play cricket or tennis?
Or shout up a friend I really miss?
Should I have a dog or a cat?
Or just keep some pigeons out in the back?

Should I befriend a certain girl?
Or simply leave her out of my world?
Should I help an unpopular classmate?
Or just leave him to up his fate?

We spend much time on little things
Often not issues from which life springs,
Mostly on the body what we should wear,
On outfits, shoes and brand name gear.

Is any one of these worth your soul?
Can any of them really make you whole?
Yet to these we pay much attention
And deny our soul God’s free salvation.
 
Image result for images for your eternal destiny

The most important thing you’ll ever choose
Is God’s salvation, just don’t refuse,
All other choices will hang on this,
First make sure you are on heaven’s list.

Be guided by His word each and every time
And all other choices will fall into line,
The big ones, small ones and in between
Once given to him will be clearly seen.

For God created you for His own purpose,
Choose to give your heart to His Son Jesus;
It’ll be the best choice you’ll ever make
If you choose him into your heart to take.

Choose Jesus now; yes choose today,
Invite him into your heart to stay,
Make this choice now; no longer delay,
He’ll guide your choices all along the way.

Image result for images for choices choices choices
Having a hard time making a choice?
Just listen now to the Saviour’s voice
As he calls to you from heaven’s throne
“My little one come and make me your own.”

Heavenly Father I now repent of my sin,
All my bad choices forgive and come in;
Fill my heart with your love and your grace
Change my desires, my choices my taste.

Stewart Russell © 2014





No comments:

Post a Comment