Friday, April 16, 2021

Brain Alacrity and Body Lethargy

 

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee;  but his heart is not… | by Keith McGivern | Medium

 

As a man thinks so he is

But his body may disagree,

Check Proverbs chapter 23 verse 7

And this you will almost see.

 

Please note the difference

That I shall mention,

Heart and brain are not the same

To this you must pay attention.

 

“For as a man thinks in his heart

That is the character he be,

Eat and drink says he

But his heart is not with thee.

 

So one gets the impression

There be two with which we think,

We think in the heart it seems to me

And with the brain there is a link.

 

Thinking Begins in the Heart! « BackToJannah

 

Check out the heart

When dealing with the emotional

But consult the brain

If the matter appears intellectual.

 

My focus I must submit

Targets the brain and not the heart,

Body alacrity and brain lethargy:

That’s the point at which I start.

 

No doubt you are wondering

What I am talking about,

This idea came to me this morning

When I gave my neighbour a shout.

 

 Beyond Critical Thinking

 

He is quite a way up in age

But his brain is still thinking alacrity

And the speed at which it says to move

Conflicts with his body’s lethargy.

 

A stumble or a stump is the oft result

Whenever these two conflict,

When his brain says to “Go!”

At the same time his body says, “Quit!”

 

Often times then what a man thinks

He really is not,

The brain might be ready to go

But the body’s age says stop.

 

So as a man thinks in his brain

He very often is not

For depending on his age

He may be rooted to the spot.

 

When Was the Bible Written? Complete History of Old and New Testament

 

This is no conflict with the Bible

For to the heart Solomon spoke,

I am thinking with my brain’s alacrity

But my body says, “Must be a joke.”

 

Consider your age my body dictates

“You are not as young as before.”

And before you step with alacrity

Contemplate body lethargy a bit more.

 

A word to the wise is sufficient

And by now you know I’m not that wise:

Brain alacrity and Body lethargy

Only precedes old people’s demise.

 

The young will never experience it

That is if they die before they get old,

Brain alacrity and body lethargy

Is for senior citizens only, I am told.

 

Stewart Russell © February 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment