Saturday, September 05, 2020

Any Façade Is Bad



Black Man in New Rented House Handcuffed After Neighbor Called Police  Thinking He Was Trespassing

I tried to believe it
But I really could not,
I had covered all the ends
But I still got caught.

Later I discovered
I was set up by a friend,
A straight case of envy
And that was the end.

Someone came calling
And I answered the knock,
On opening the door
I was confronted by cops.

It made no use running
They had me good
And one read me my rights
As any good cop would.
Therapist Dishonesty and Its Association With Levels of Clinical Experience  | Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy

For a moment or so
I had considered a bluff
But before I could decide
I was in handcuffs.

I was roughly led away
And put in a vehicle
And driven to the precinct
Like a common criminal.

I had had a long run
I had made lots of cash
But now I had been found out
It was over in a flash.

Few would believe it
I had a beautiful façade,
The society respected me
And I was a community dad.

But I betrayed their trust
Though that did not matter,
As long as I was making money
That was not a bother.

748 Man Holding Lots Of Cash Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images -  iStock
  
A friend wanted to get in
On my little deal
But I told him I wouldn’t
And he threatened to squeal.

He was particularly persistent
And I did not back down,
I refused to give in
But he kept coming around.

I had been careless
During just one transaction,
He was privy to this
And wanted a piece of the action.

But greed is a funny thing
And I wasn’t going to share,
He eventually disappeared
But then the cops appeared.

Clearly he had gone to them
With what he had known
For when they came to the house
They were not alone.

He accompanied them
And he identified me too,
There was nowhere out of this
I was finally through.

I made the newspapers
It was not a pretty sight,
I had looked good for a while
But my deeds came to light.
Black Man in New Rented House Handcuffed After Neighbor Called Police  Thinking He Was Trespassing
A featured mugshot
And a photo in handcuffs,
The easy days were over
I was now into the rough.

Many could not believe it
And neither could I,
I was so humiliated
I wish I could die.

But why am I telling you this?
It is the least I can do,
If you are doing like I did
Your comeuppance will come too.

It is time you understand
That any façade is bad
And eventually all will know
You are not a genuine dad.

Stewart Russell © October 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment