Saturday, March 05, 2016

Sweet Sixty




Image result for images for sixtieth birthday

Sweet Sixty to the joy of my life
Sweet Sixty to Lynette, my friend, my wife
Sweet Sixty darling, from the bottom of my heart
For another forty perhaps, today is a good start.

Lynette is the mother of my children
And the help-meet from my youth,
She is all I could hope for in a woman
She is sweet and adorable; that’s the truth!

She has walked with me through out each year
This year will be thirty-five, such a sweet dear,
She is next in line to the Lord Jesus Christ
She is my next best choice; Oh! Isn’t that nice?

Each day I ask the Lord for another fifty years
To understand her better and to quell all her fears,
Each day she is with me God answers my prayer
To put no more on her than she is able to bear.

Today I want to wish her a very happy birthday
And thank God for putting her in my life’s way,
“Sweet Sixty”, Darling, is my wish and this prayer
God’s choicest blessings on you this and every day!

Stewart Russell © 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment